First Light Games is on a mission to bring the pleasure of deep game mechanics to a wider audience and we’re looking for talented and enthusiastic Senior Programmer to help us achieve this goal.
First Light Games is a new free-to-play mobile games studio founded by experienced game makers who have previously worked on such diverse titles as Monument Valley, CSR2, Dawn of Titans, World of Tanks and Fable.
You will be joining a small group of talented and highly motivated professionals and will therefore be able to make a huge contribution to our success.
Key responsibilities and Skills:
- Planning and implementation of complex tasks identified as part of a sprint team.
- Collaboration with artists to hit visual targets.
- Building key systems of our games.
- Self starter and flare for what makes games feel good.
- Talented, experienced programmer with a desire to excel
- Inspiring to the rest of the team and constantly striving for quality in all areas.
- Unity game engine experience.
- Multiple significant game titles shipped.
- Experience with performance optimisation.
- Knowledge of automated testing, unit testing.
- What else can you offer?!
- Spend your working day collaborating with an incredibly experienced, talented and motivated team.
- Make a huge impact on the games we create together - your work will have direct and lasting impact on our titles.
- Share in the success of the studio with stock options offered on joining.
- Contribute to defining a studio created with the express aim of making hit mobile games.
More about First Light Games:
First Light Games was formed in May 2018 with the mission of bringing satisfyingly deep game mechanics to broad, free-to-play audiences.
To achieve this the studio brings together talented, passionate people and gives them the freedom and support to make the greatest work of their careers. First Light Games is focused on realising the still huge potential of the mobile games industry, while allowing its members to fulfil their own.
We have the great pleasure to have been funded by Play Ventures, a new but hugely important games venture fund whose combined experience and shared vision is helping to guide our development.
Great teams are what people invest in and ultimately are what make great games, First Light is already a powerhouse of talent with years of combined experience in not only game making but team and studio building. We want to join forces with other passionate, dedicated and talented games makers to create world class, industry leading games - are you up to the challenge and do you want to help reap the rewards? Get in touch!